Effective and engaging online school-to-home communications is critical for keeping digital families connected to what’s going on in your district. And, with a variety of website content to share, making visitors always just read a bunch of text can get boring. That’s not the way to keep your website visitors engaged! Excite them with some video content!
This month we’ve introduced the new Schoolwires Premium Video App. It’s a simple and affordable way to add video to your website. And here’s even better news – your videos can be created in any file or format, they can be viewed on any device with the click of a button, and viewers don’t have to install plug-ins to watch! (Does it get any better?)
Our clients are loving it – we’re thrilled with their enthusiasm! But, some of you might be thinking right now, “Why would we want this? I can’t think of too many ways to use it.” Wait! What?! Let me share with you some ideas on how to tell your story…
- Superintendent, Principal, and Teacher Messages: What a great way to welcome students and parents back to school for the new year! It personalizes the message when they can see your happy faces.
- Athletic and Extra-Curricular Event Highlights: How many students, parents, and other community members would love to see your football team score the winning touchdown? Or how about showcasing your school choir performing at a standing room only event?
- Flipped Learning Content: Do your teachers “flip” their classrooms and provide video lecture content online for their students? Wouldn’t it be great to provide that one-stop location on their teacher web pages for students?
- Highlight Student Achievement: Spotlight your students’ successes. Talk about winning the hearts of families!
- Share Special Occasions: Do you have teacher of the month awards ceremonies? What about breaking ground for a new school? You don’t want to forget about graduation at the end of the year.
- Board and PTO Meetings: Parents and involved community members can’t always make it to monthly meetings. Wouldn’t this be a nice touch to provide recorded meetings so they can keep up-to-date?
Recently, we’ve had new customers provide “welcome to our new website” videos on their home pages explaining where visitors can find the information they need. Nice touch! I’m sure there are many more ideas you can think of, now that we’ve got those creative juices flowing.
It really is all about connecting your K-12 community and keeping those communication lines open. So, want to learn more?
Download the Schoolwires Premium Video App information sheet today.