Guest Blogger: Kathe Craig, Senior Manager of Self-Service Assets
Come with me and explore the world of Schoolwires Technical Communications and Self-Service Assets. We’ve changed a lot since we published the very first user guide in 2004.
Don’t get me wrong. We are still the folks who write those page-turners. We’ve just expanded to include other media and communication channels, all geared to helping you find the information you need when you need it.
Let’s start with how we identify the topics, media, and channels for our materials and messages.
- We follow trends in K-12 education and technology to understand the challenges faced by schools, teachers, and staff and how they use our solutions to meet those challenges.
- We work with other departments to identify the questions you have when you are using our solutions.
- We review feedback from you on the "How do I...?" tab within Site Manager in Centricity2, from the Share site, and on social media to help us recommend not only how to accomplish a particular task on your K-12 website, but also when and why you might choose one solution over another.
- We work closely with Product Strategy and Platform Delivery to identify and develop user materials for each product release.
Next, let’s take a peek at the cornerstone of Technical Communications—the help materials you find on the "How do I...?" tab within Site Manager in Centricity2. This is the repository for over 700 resources including user guides, workbooks, help cards, articles, and video tutorials, as well as links to other materials and sites. We’re adding materials every day and always looking for new ways to meet your needs. For instance, we just recently started producing Shorts, tutorials that are under a minute long like this one on changing a page name.
Now we’ll head over to the Share site. We work hard to ensure the content here is fresh, fun, and useful. Check back often to see what we’re cooking up.
- You’ll love our tasty and easy-to-prepare APPetizers.
- You’ll whiz through our updated Help Center.
- You’ll pinpoint important materials like technical requirements and information on upcoming product releases.
- You’ll discover helpful tips for using Schoolwires solutions to meet your daily challenges.
That’s not all! Follow us on Twitter. Our Twitter Community makes it easier for you and your staff to find help materials and locate peers with whom to collaborate.
The Schoolwires Technical Communications Team includes Chris Gallagher, Mike Kuzniar, Haig Douglas, Christian Carpenter, Jenn Gray, and Sara Goss. We are always looking for new ways to help you. So if you’re a Schoolwires client and have any suggestions on how we can help you find the information you need, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.